You can buy Pentobarbital here on Royal Pharmaceutical
Drug Description of Pentobarbital
Pentobarbital is in a group of drugs called barbiturates (bar-BIT-chur-ates). Nembutal functions are sedative, hypnotic for short term, preanesthetic and control of convulsions in emergencies. It is also used as a veterinary anesthetic agent. This medication also has an application in reducing intracranial pressure in Reye’s syndrome, traumatic brain injury and induction of coma in cerebral ischemia patients.
Uses of Pentobarbital
- Typical applications are sedative, short term hypnotic, preanesthetic, insomnia, and control of convulsions in emergencies
- It is also used as an emergency treatment for seizures and to cause patients fall asleep for surgery.
- It is also used as a veterinary anesthetic agent.
- Nembutal can cause death when used in high doses. It is used for euthanasia for humans as well as animals. It is also used by itself, or in combination with complementary agents such as phenytoin, in commercial animal euthanasia injectable solutions.
- It has been used or considered as a substitute for other drugs traditionally used for capital punishment in the United States.
Side Effects of Use
Possible side effects include:
Agitation, confusion, hyperkinesia, CNS depression, nightmares, nervousness, hallucinations, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, thinking abnormality. Nausea, vomiting, constipation.